Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Intertweet of the creator of the #K10 Series @mr_linoyfg

This intertweet occured on the 13 july 2013. The #K10 Series blog link http://thek10.wordpress.com/
InterTweets : Ok so we will start by asking u since when did you start writing novels?
@mr_linoyfg : I started my first novel in my 2nd year of high school. (St. Augustine's College)
InterTweets : Did you complete it? If yes, is there a place on the internet your fans can access it? @mr_linoyfg : I never completed it. I wrote about 40000 words and stopped because i got distracted by the academic n social life of college. It will be my next blog project.
InterTweets : How did you come up with #K10 series idea?Where were you when you got the inspiration? @mr_linoyfg : A year ago, in March or so. I was having drinks with friends on a balcony in my hostel and the idea hit me. I ran to my room and turned on my laptop just to write it down. It was a simple idea at first:A guy who speak to his dog and worked as a detective. The next day i developed it a little and left it there. I didnt write until the vacation in may
InterTweets : A fan asked : Is the name Travis Nyantakyi Turkson a complete invention or you know of someone named like that?
@mr_linoyfg : I invented the name. I am used to people telling me write like an African but I want to write like an Earthling... .. n so i fuse local names with foreign names. In my first novel, there were asians, hispanics, whites n blacks in one book
InterTweets : How much time (approximatively that is) does it require you to write a #K10 episode or do you already have the whole story down? And is it a complicated process?
@mr_linoyfg : I dont have the whole story down. Still making it up. It takes me about six hours to put an episode down. When i am done, i spend 2days adding and subtracting from it. And I send it to @_mzfu for editing on thursday. Perfection is difficult. Sometimes u wish the reader could see it the way you see it but i will get better expressing it with time
InterTweets : A fan noticed how you sometimes start some episodes with a flash either to the future or a dream is it a style of yours?
@mr_linoyfg : It is something I like to do? I dont know if it is a style only i possess but i like it. They are subliminal msgs or...experiences i have shared with some people in the past
InterTweets : Why does Travis' Dog speak with an english accent? (thats funny when i personally imagine it too lol)
@mr_linoyfg : I always observed my dogs interacting n wondered if they spoke with accents. Dash is a Bull Mastiff n they originate from England and so I gave him an English accent.
InterTweets : How old is the main character Travis?
@mr_linoyfg : wow i never thought of it. I just wanted him 2 b a relatable character, in terms of age. But i would like 2 think he is at most 30
InterTweets : When did you decide that Archie should die and why? (this question is fom a #TeamArchie i think loool the fan was close to tears)
@mr_linoyfg : It was lesson i was trying to get across to readers: nothing lasts forever. Friendship etc. Also it was a lesson i learnt back in time when i lost a good friend because of its a girl. The girl was no good in the end.
InterTweets : Do Travis powers or sense develop?
@mr_linoyfg : Yes they will... he is getting used to them..
InterTweets : If you were to make a TV series of #K10 what will you change for television?
@mr_linoyfg : I would maintain everything but add more sub stories and stretch scenes by adding details InterTweets : What color is Dash's furr?
@mr_linoyfg : Brown
InterTweets : Which books and writers inspire you?
@mr_linoyfg : Dan Brown, Michael Romkey, Aurthur Conan Doyle for Writers and for Books: Sherlock Holmes; i, vampire, river god, all dan brown books.... lots more. Not forgeting the man himself. Chinua Achebe ..
InterTweets : Do you have a place on the net where your fans can donate for the book because they all want it obviously published?
@mr_linoyfg : No i dont. I have publishing in mind but I havent put down plans because I haven't finished it. One step at a time...
InterTweets : What would you advice to writers on twitter that are tryna come up with ideas for novels, script etc...
@mr_linoyfg : Love what you do and put in effort. Do it for the love first... all others will come later... InterTweets : We can see you have a co-writer. Do you guys always write together and how big is the #K10 Staff?
@mr_linoyfg : I write alone... every episode was written by me. I have people who edit and give me good advice. @TheRegalNerd @_MzFu n @Nyam3y3
InterTweets : How do you want your fans to feel when they read your lines and what is your dream? (FanQuestion)
@mr_linoyfg : I want them to relate to my emotions when they read my lines: joy, sadness, disappointments, anxiety etc. Dreams? Immortality. By immortality, i mean to be printed in be in shelves across the world. For Generations later to read my work.
InterTweets : What type of movies do you like watching (series included) ?
@mr_linoyfg : I like movies n series that make me think, and those celebrities star in and historic ones. I enjoy comedy as well..
InterTweets : Do you have programs like celtx you use when writing, do you use notepad or you are old school pen and paper?
@mr_linoyfg : I have a book in which i take notes and sketch scenes but I do all my writing with Microsoft Word.
InterTweets : Any last tweet before the end of the intertweet?
@mr_linoyfg : Nothing is a bad idea... if u have something no one has seen, bring it out. Dont be scared. InterTweets : Thanks a lot to @mr_linoyfg for this wonderful intertweet keep blessing your fans with your words and don't stop!!
@mr_linoyfg : Thanks for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment